The early wheel window at St Mary’s Patrixbourne c.1170-90

The project to restore the early wheel window and nineteenth century glass has now been completed as can be seen in the attached photos. The project was sponsored by The Matthiesen Foundation in memory of the late Olga Matthiesen states: This church is well-known because of its fine late 12th century south doorway under an unusual contemporary south tower-porch. There is also a fine wheel-window in the east gable of the chancel of the same date, as is the chancel arch and other windows in the chancel.

A full description of the church may be found on line at

Canon Jonathan LLoyd has arranged a thanksgiving service for the completion of this project at this time. The Dean of Canterbury Cathedral has been invited to preach on 21st September at 6pm.